Game Vision Statement

Source: Flickr
Caption: game Temple Run

Game genre: Racing (Running) Game
Gameplay: The gameplay is quite limited. The player only have control over the character he/she is using. They can move forward, backward and sideways.
Title: Run For The Recipe



This game will be happening inside a restaurant kitchen in which the chef is running to collect all the ingredients for the recipe before his/hers adversary gets it and wins the recipe. For this reason the game was named Run For The Recipe and it's genre is Racing Game. The player will have a third person perspective and will be able to move forward, backward and sideways. It's a single player game, in another words, the player will be competing against the computer.

Initially, my game genre was Endless Running Game, however I changed a bit, I do not want my player to be running around nonstop, I want the game to have an end. So, now instead of being an Endless Running Game, it will be a Racing Game (not with cars but with a person running).

When the game begins you will be right at the door of the kitchen while your adversary is already inside the kitchen looking for the ingredients. You start running as fast as you can in the kitchen countertops collecting the necessary ingredients and even utensils like pots, stewpots and spoons. Once you collect everything you will win the recipe, however, if the timer goes off or if your adversary gets the recipe before you do then the winner is your opponent.

Genre: Racing game, Running Game, Third person perspective, Culinary, Cookery.



After reading the comments on my Game Idea Research post, a good few suggestions (a lot of good suggestions actually!) were made and I will take some of them into my game! Here are the suggestions:

  • "What types of assets you would be using? Is going to be similar to the game you where get your inspirations? Are you going to make your own assets?"
I will be using the assets from Unity 3D. I will try to keep them on the low poly aspect.
  • "What if you try to add some rules on your game? For example: if the player didn't collect enough ingredients during the game, they lose?"
The game will have rules and I will be doing something similar. I will add a timer, if the player doesn't collect all the ingredients before the time goes off then the player lose, other way the player can lose it's if the adversary gets all the ingredients before you do.
  • "What if you give it another twist similar to the movie Ratatouille, where you have a mouse as the player running around the kitchen"
I really liked this idea, but instead of using an animal (I have limited options since I will be using the free assets from Unity 3D and I didn't really like the free animal assets that where available, I was wishing for the raccoon since they are very smart animals) I will be using a Santa Claus.
  • "Some things you could possibly add are a currency for the game" and "The ingredients could act as currency in which the player could use to buy in game boosts, or different outfits?"

I hadn't thought about this option before but it would be very nice to have in the game, but I don't know how to add a boost or something like that in the game and I don't how how tricky it would be to get it done. I might give it a shot!



I will use many different assets to compose the scenery, but I will be using some parts of them, like fruits, vegetables, countertops, stoves and so on. This image has all the assets I will be using to create my game, I might need to look for some more assets as I progress with the game creation. 

Source: Assets Store Unity (in my 'favourites')
Caption: Thumbnail of  the assets I will be using on my game










Readings:




Lívia Alencar

Comments

  1. Hi Livia, I like your game idea, it sounds interesting and meanwhile funny. I hope the players will enjoy playing this game collecting all the ingredients and win the race. I wonder, how are you going to design the ingredients? I meant, are you going to use shapes as type of the ingredients, or what? In my game I am adding venom-berries, but not sure how am I going to do it on Unity, but you can also add some venom food, to make the game more interactive for the players. I wish you good luck in your project, and hope to play your game very soon. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lívia,
    Your idea for your game sounds pretty cool and fun. I think it reminds me of something like Diner Dash or Overcooked maybe? I think it's very smart of you to take the constructive feedback well and to take the questions, suggestions, and recommendations you got and implement them into your development process. I can't wait to see how your game comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Livia!
    I read all your posts about your game and I really love your game idea; I think it can be developed well and a really fun game to play! I really enjoy your writing because you describe everything really well and it was really easy to grasp and understand. It painted a picture in my mind! It is such a creative idea to do, I love endless runner games but this is different to anything I've seen! I love how you took what everyone said and answered it in this! Really enjoyed it overall, I’m looking forward to it being completed and hopefully I will be able to play it! Best of luck! -Megan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here :D