Unity Tutorial 06

Source: Unity Learn
Caption: Ruby´s world


Today I am doing the tutorial from Week 7, the Visual Styling - User Interface - Head-Up Display and World Interactions - Dialog Raycast.


  • What you have learned?
- I learned about UI (It makes element like images into a component called Canvas)
- I learned about Canvas (Defines how much UI elements should be rendered on screen)
- I learned about Rect Transform ( is a Transform but has UI data)
- I learned that Screen Space - Overlay  makes the health bar be over all the game graphic
- How to add the Health meter
- I learned about anchors (it is the point which the position of the object is calculated)
- I learned about Masking (is a technique where you can use an image as a "mask" for another image)
- I learned about Static Members (they are shared by all objects of that type, if changing the speed of one character it will be changed to all of that characters)
- I learned about Raycasting (it is a action of casting a ray and the ray intersecting with a collider)
- I re-learned how to create text

  • What you have enjoyed?
I really enjoyed creating the health bar, it was probably the easiest step before Visual Styling - Particles.
The dialogue box was fun to create.

  • What did you find difficult?
There wasn´t anything particularly difficult on this tutorial.

  • What you are looking forward too?
To do the last two tutorials :)




Lívia Alencar

Comments