Unity Tutorial 01

Source: Unity
Caption: Ruby from Ruby's Adventure


I decided to go for the 2D game. During semester 1 I discovered that game really isn't my type of thing (I was never into games) but why not give it a go, right? It was very nice to learn the behind the scenes tho.

I want to star of by saying that I miss that guy's instructions on video from semester 1. It takes such a long time reading and then doing the action, and I can not put it on the velocity 2x 😂😭

When I entered the link from ''Activities for Week 14'' to go to Unity and I saw it was about third ''phase'' ahead of the start of Ruby's Adventure activity I decided to go back the very start (Setting Up the Unity Editor), specially because my laptop is completely dead (the sad life of a college student during a pandemic, glad to have everything on my external HD) and I had to set up Unity on my dad's laptop.

As I went to the very start of the instructions, I remebered some basic thing, such as the ''f'' right after a number with a decimal point, I had forgot, which was very good!


  • What you have learned?
What is a Sprite
How to create a tile
How to create multiple Sprites
How to paint a tilemap with the Tile Palette
About the Order in Layer

  • What you have enjoyed?
I liked to paint the world!
I really liked how detailed it was, I was afraid of it not being detailed enough and I end up getting lost.

  • What did you find difficult?
Nothing in particular

  • What you are looking forward too?
To see how this goes. The 3D game was very nice, hopefully 2D will be too!




Lívia Alencar

Comments