First Playable

Source: unity.com
Caption: Unity's logo and name


I'm trying to work on my game since yesterday (Saturday) evening, but the internet isn't helping so any help I seek from Unity tutorials videos (or internet at all) are not being a big of a help.

The very first thing I did for this week on my game creation proccess was to start working on the PlayerController script.

So far this is what I have done:

        ० I created FollowPlayer script (so that the camera can follow the player)
        ० I applied Horizontal and Vertical Input on the PlayerController script
        ० I applied a Speed and Turn Speed on the PlayerController script
        ० I made the player rotate
        ० I created an empty named SpawnManager and a script also called SpawnManager to attach to it
        ० I worked a little bit on the SpawnManager script
        ० I created a Prefabs folder
        ० I added a background music


The next time I work on my game this is what I plain on doing:

        ० Creating the adversary and a script for it
        ० Make the kitchen's layout
        ० Create the script for the food and develop
        ० Add sound effect
        ० Add particle effect
        ० Add animation to the player (I tried to do it this time but it just wasn't working :( )



PS: I had a trouble with the FollowPlayer script which consumed a huge time to figure out the problem. So, I was trying to add the FollowPlayer script to the main camera and the following message would be showing to me "can't add script behaviour assemblyinfo.cs. the script needs to derive from monobehaviour", after a good time I remembered the Console section and when I checked it was saying I had a problem with my PlayerController script and when I looked at it all the problem happend because I forgot to add the speed variable (until now I can't understand what one script had to do with the other one 😪).


Source: screenshot of my progress
Caption: PlayerController script

Source: screenshot of my progress
Caption: Player moving forward, back and rotating



I am a bit disappointed at myself for not getting as much done as I was wishing to do but I'm trying to not be thinking like this since I can't really control when the internet will work.




Lívia Alencar

Comments

  1. Hey Lívia! just reading this blog post, hope your getting on good at this point and not having a lot of trouble with your internet! that can be such a pain-_-
    From your video your game is looking so good! i love the design of it all it looks so cool.
    I was also habing problems with the scripts aswell, it all has to be so precise haha
    I think by adding all those features like the sound effect and music it will really make a difference to your game in the long run!
    Wish you the best of luck and hope you get sorted and your interent stops being annoying :D
    Cant wait to see your final game!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lívia! I love how you have laid out your blog post - the bullet points made it much easier to read and made it quicker but still really informative. You seem to have done a lot so far so well done! Unfortunately the screenshot you have included showing your progress so far is coming up as an error for me so I went back to your Prototype blog to see where you were at that point and it looks like you have a lot done! Getting scripts to work was also an issue for me and a lot of other people whose blogs I have read so you aren't alone there! Good luck with the rest of your game and well done with what you have achieved so far!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here :D