Unity Tutorial 01 (my first attempt to Unity 3D)

Source: Unsplash
Caption: a person coding

    First of all, I just want to add here that after this first Unity tutorial I'm feeling like a proper game developer hahahah
    I had some stumbles along the way with Unity and sometimes I wouldn't figure it out so after wracking my brain and not discovering what the problems was I asked for the help of my friends and my lecture, so thank you for your patiante and help <3

  • Describe what you have learned

I learned how to place an object on the grid screen in two different ways, how to look at this object (or even the the space surroundin it) in different angles (top, sides, below and diagonal), how to move the camera around, how to do a C# project (PlayerController 😉), how to make the vehicle move foward and many more things!
(I'm using a lot of "how"s 😒)
  • What you have enjoyed or found difficult
- Not quite sure how to define what I have enjoyed, it was very nice the experienc of doing it all, although I can already say that I will be having a bit of a headache with Unity hahahah

- It was quite tricky to understand the X, Y and Z axis, not that I don't know about it, but since it keeps moving when you click on it I got a bit lost.
- I must say that I found (Vector3.forward) more difficult to understand than (0, 0, 1), although they do the same thing. 
  • What you are looking forward too?
CREATING A SUPER DUPER GAME!!!!
(you wait for me Mortal Kombat 😝)

Source: screen of my computer
Caption: a green van and panel of a unity project

Source: screen of my computer
Caption: a green van and panel of a unity project



Lívia Alencar

Comments

  1. Hahaha you are planning on making a Mortal Kombat game? This should be interesting. It is nice to see how you progress and learn through these steps. I agree with your statement about Vector3, move. I, myself, do not like coding at all. It is time consuming, frustrating and somewhat boring. That being said, it is rewarding. and It is nice to see you are having fun with this also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here :D