Growth Mindset

Source: Unsplash

Caption: books opened on a bed and a hand holding a mug 


  • Have you heard of Carol Dweck and/or the growth mindset before? How did you learn about it?
About two years ago, during the year of my Leaving Certificate, I was looking for some books that talked about the theme mindset and I found Dweck´s book "Mindset: The New Psychology of Success", I started reading it but I never finished because of the workload of the last school year. I might even start reading the book again because as I recall it is a very interesting read.

  • How do you see yourself on the spectrum of growth-fixed mindset in your schoolwork? What about other aspects of your life (for example: music, sports, cooking, ...)?

In both aspects, academically and in life, I would say I have 70% growth and 30% fixed mindset. I´m a very possivity person and for that reason I stop myself of think "I can´t do that" or "I´m not capable". And if I´m being hosnest, when people tell me something like that and I know they are able and it´s a limitation they are putting on theirselves I get very irritable.



            Source: Beenke
Caption: difference between fixed and growth mindset

  • Do you think you´ll be interested in learning more about the growth mindset this semester?
For sure! It´s such an interesting topic!

  • Do you have any class that you are really exicted about or a class you are worried about? 
I don´t knoooow, all the modules seem to be so nice!! Creating a game, developing a (much better) website, making a group project that I have NO IDEA how it´s gonna look like (#anxious #excited), visual design and digital videos. All so nice 😩😆 And I won´t lie, I´m a little bit worried about all of them hahah don´t know what to expect, just gonna do my work and hope for the best 😁


Lívia Alencar

Comments