Game Brainstorm

Source: Unsplash
Caption: red Sony game controller

I am here today to talk about four game possibilities that I would like to create!


  • Game Number 1:
Source: Flickr
Caption: initial scene of the chapter one of the game Life Is Strange

An interactive story where the player decides the future of the character.
I hadn't think that I could do a interactive story until the moment I read in the Project Guide the phrase Class Projects: Games and Interactive Story”, and since I love interactive stories I thought  Why not?

I could use Twine (a platform my group and I used last year in college in the module Introduction to Digital Media) to write the story line and then bring in to Unity. Although I don't know if that could be viable or how much knowledge I would need to make something like this in Unity...

- Who: a person and a dog
- What: the dog gets lost from the owner. The owner needs to ask to diffent people along the way wether or not they saw the dog
- Why: I like interactive stories!
- When: date is irrelevant
- Where: in a park

A previous knoledge I have would be creating an interactive story.

Genre: Role-Playing games

Links: Twine; image

  • Game Number 2:
Source: Flickr
Caption: scene of the game Tempe Run

I was thinking on doing a running to get win something game.
I want to do something like Run To Get The Recipe and I remembered the game Temple Run, each doesn't have an end however for my game I want the runner to win the chase and get an recipe

- Who: a chef and the chef's adversary (the chaser)
- What: the chef needs to get to the cross line before his adversary so he can get the recipe
- Why: I like learning new recipes so in this game people can learn new recipes too
- When: date is irrelevant
- Where: in a kitchen

A previous knoledge I have would be creating the basic code to run forward, left and right.

Genre: Endless running games (?)

Links: image
  • Game Number 3:
Source: Apple Store
Caption: Logo of the game Nonogram.com

A puzzle game!
I love them! I haven't played a 3d puzzle game so far so I would like to create it and also play.

- Who: the player
- What: the player need to end the the puzzle in the correct way
- Why: puzzles are a very good way to relax and 3d puzzle should be cool, right?
- When: date is irrelevant
- Where: irrelevant

A previous knoledge I have would be none.

Genre: Puzzle games

Links: image
  • Game Number 4:
Caption: warriors facing/fighting a dragon



- Who: an archer and a dragon
- What: to win the game, the player (the archer) needs to kill the dragon
- Why: I like games with dragons
- When: medieval
- Where: in a castle

A previous knoledge I have would be none.

Genre: Action games

Links: image

Readings:

ID TECH

Wikipedia




Lívia Alencar

Comments

  1. Hey Livia, your blog looks really great and it has a great layout. Regarding your game ideas your first idea caught my attention as I have seen a few people’s game ideas, but I haven’t seen anyone doing an interactive story yet, I think this would be really cool and different. I’m a big gamer myself but one thing I never really got into was interactive stories, that being said the ones I did play I really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Livia , all your game ideas look great ! Two stood out to me the most the interactive game, as it seems very interesting and will keep the gamer want to keep playing until finding the dog and also wanting to see who the next person they will talk to along the way. The second idea was the puzzle one, as it will make the player think more to try and get the correct answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lívia, I thought your game ideas where unique especially the first one about the interactive story game. Like many people, I'm a complete noob at Unity so I can't imagine how it would work to create an interactive story game, but the idea itself is not too complicated so if you decided to go with this one and pull off that would pretty insane! It would also be interesting to see the dog owner find clues of the missing dog, such as footprints or a missing collar as well. I like the fourth idea too, especially because it's medieval -themed. Will the player on be able to play as an archer or can they choose different classes? A suggestion would be to add two or three different item upgrades for the character, like stronger weapons, with cool looks or even magic abilities will motivate the player to earn rewards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here :D